Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Breathe in, Breathe out


What do I say about my sweet love...

I very much want Shaun's life to continue to influence others - and if I can help in that by sharing some of him, some of me - I want to. These past few months have been some of the hardest. Sometimes night is just night... with no cliche about stars or dawn. Sometimes it's just dark and hard.

I don't want to focus on the sad part of things - but the truth is, as incredible as this man is, he is gone from the world. Whether it's a brief or lengthy sojourn until we meet -- the empty truth is he is absent. And the hole is unavoidable. Grief never goes away... it never lessens... but I suppose our hearts continue to beat nonetheless. Grief does not equate depression. It's a rich burden... one that I gladly carry.

I have loved hearing from so many people who know or have never known Shaun, and are impacted by his life. I have also appreciated hearing from folks who still struggle to breathe from losses of their own.

I haven't written in a couple of months, not knowing how to even sort-of contribute to the legacy he wordlessly left the world with.
All I know is I still ache for this incredibly good man. I'm trying to figure out how to balance the desire for life to speedily move forward to the glorious end, and somehow living purposefully and leaving a legacy of my own.
So - until I figure out those age-old questions - there is still peace in the rivers, in the mountains, and in the quiet villages of Ireland. Guess I'll have to visit them all...

I love you Shaun. That is one part of my soul that is calm and peaceful... it is sure. I miss you...

Blue skies and tail winds :)

Just found this picture today. Shaun emailed from his iPhone letting me know what he was up to. 3/23/08: "Surfing the internet with my paternal".

Father and son. More importantly - respected equals and the best of friends.

shaunlunt.typepad.com

No comments:

Shaun Lunt 1973-2008