Thursday, June 5, 2014

Nearing 6 years...

I never posted for the anniversary of your passing last year, nor your 40th (whoa!!) birthday in December...
Sometimes I just have nothing to say and my heart is quiet and private from human eyes and ears. I celebrate you and love you every day. Always, I quietly miss you. 
Last year I kayaked out to the middle of a lake and quietly watched the sun setting at the moment of your own sunset. 
I felt you close... I'm so grateful for the gift that somehow I do. I know you are there. I know that life extends beyond this short sojourn. 
Another year  has  passed... 2,192 days of missing you.


I'm always impressed and grateful for you and your example. You still make me want to be my best self -  and I still feel terribly inadequate.

I'm amazed and humbled by the generous heart of God. I don't deserve his special attention, but somehow He always reminds me that He's there... That YOU are there!  I have 29,000 songs  on my iTunes, and yet as I write this,  your three songs have come on right in a row on shuffle. I haven't heard your song in over a year- and yet today, on the sixth eve of your passing, your song echoes out over the silence and covers my heart with your hug and a smile. Maybe it's chance... I believe it's you....
Give my Savior a squeeze for me and tell Him thank you for all my gifts...
... You, my family, my pups, JD, the 12th hour, His hand, His promise....

I love you always .





No comments:

Shaun Lunt 1973-2008